Nature and Culture International
Del Mar, CA
Full Time, Non-exempt
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Nature and Culture International (NCI) works to conserve Amazon rainforests and other threatened ecosystems in Latin America through methods that strengthen capacity and support of local communities. We focus on the conservation of tropical forests and the species that they call them home.
For more information, please visit www.natureandculture.org
The Development Assistant is a core member of the NCI team. The Assistant is primarily responsible for tracking donor support and publicizing NCI environmental achievements. In coordination with the broader development and communications team and program staff, the Assistant produces, curates, edits, and publishes social media content through our website and other social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube), drafts foundation and donor proposals and coordinates social media and development campaigns. The position is also responsible for maintaining the NCI SalesForce donor database as well as making minor adjustments to the NCI WordPress managed website. This Development Assistant will report to the Executive Director of US Operations.
KEY DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain Salesforce donor database and perform research on prospective donors
- Assist with drafting foundation and donor proposals, including some translation from Spanish to English
- Maintain and update NCI website
- With the communications team, develop social media goals; track and report on performance
- Use Adobe Suite applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) to design invitations and programs for events.
- Respond to incoming requests from the public, redirecting inquiries to appropriate staff as necessary
- Assist with general office administration and logistics including duties such as maintaining files, organizing board meetings, donor visits, luncheons and special events.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- BA in communications, journalism, business, or related field
- Spanish fluency
- Experience managing online advertising and/or development campaigns, including social media promotions and donor search marketing
- Strong command of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, SalesForce, Google Analytics
- Issue knowledge in grassroots environmental activism, climate change, and international development is desired, but not required
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and works well under pressure
- Works cooperatively and effectively in a team environment
COMPENSATION AND LOCATION
NCI offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. The position is located in Del Mar, California.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also direct all applications and inquiries to this email. This position will remain open until filled.
Nature and Culture International is an equal opportunity employer.