Nature and Culture International (NCI) is protecting endangered ecosystems in Latin America alongside local communities and governments. With 13.8 million acres impacted to date, our goal is to protect 20 million acres by 2020.
The Grants Manager will identify, cultivate, solicit, and manage foundation, organizational and government grants in order to meet NCI’s fundraising goals.
The Grants Manager will communicate the mission, philosophy and programs of NCI to existing and new grantors, with the goal of continuing current foundation relationships, fostering new grantors and increasing grant giving for NCI. To apply, a candidate must have a minimum of three years’ experience in securing, managing and reporting on grants from foundations, governments and organizations. The position will ensure that all administrative and financial aspects of grants and contracts management are performed efficiently and to the highest quality, from the planning and application phase through contracting, reporting, and close-out.
The ideal candidate will identify with our environmental mission, be self-motivated, a team player, highly detail-oriented, and able to handle varying assignments. Proficiency in Spanish is required.
This position will report to the Director of Development and work in the San Diego (Del Mar), CA, but will work closely with the 17 field offices in Latin America.
- Manage all of NCI’s current grants including reporting, renewals and new proposals.
- Oversee data management of grants accounts in Salesforce database and provide reports to Development Director and leadership when applicable.
- Identify grantors currently not giving to NCI; prepare briefing materials and track in Salesforce database.
- Participate in regular cultivation and solicitation calls to foundation contacts and prospects.
- Write proposals; coordinate the creation of documents required by grantors in compliance with their interests and guidelines.
- Coordinates the development of base proposals, budgets and financial information required by funders with support from the Director of Development and Program Directors.
- Tracks reporting requirements and fulfills them in a timely manner.
- Ensure appropriate recognition of grantors through NCI website, materials and other approved avenues.
- Create grants process with senior staff to determine annual program funding priorities, prospects, base proposals and program staff follow up.
- Remain informed about organization-wide programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus.
- A minimum of three years of development/fundraising experience, with a proven track record of obtaining major grants ($50k+) and managing a grant portfolio budget of over $2 million.
- Excellent writing, grant proposal and grant reporting skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Outstanding interpersonal, public relations, and communication skills.
- Experience in other areas of fundraising (individual and annual giving, corporations, campaigns) a plus.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices, particularly as they relate to identification, cultivation, and stewardship of foundation prospects.
- Experience and knowledge with SalesForce a plus.
- Capacity to be flexible and creative.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving fundraising goals.
- Spanish proficiency required.
Supervisor of: None.
Report to: Development Director
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com