Nature and Culture International (NCI) is protecting endangered ecosystems in Latin America alongside local communities and governments. With 13.8 million acres impacted to date, our goal is to protect 20 million acres by 2020.
The Foundation Relations Manager identifies, cultivates, solicits, and manages the stewardship of foundation grants and prospects in order to meet NCI’s foundation fundraising goals.
NCI seeks a Foundations Relations Manager who will communicate the mission, philosophy and programs of NCI to existing and new foundations and institutions with the goal of continuing current foundation relationships, fostering new foundation support and increasing foundation giving for NCI.
The ideal candidate will identify with our environmental mission, be self-motivated, a team player, highly detail-oriented, and able to handle varying assignments.
This position will report to the North American headquarters based in San Diego (Del Mar), CA, but can be performed from a remote location.
Description of Duties
1. Develop fundraising and cultivation strategies for foundations currently working with NCI.
2. Identify and cultivate relationships with foundations not currently giving to NCI; prepare briefing materials and keep notes in donor database.
3. Make regular cultivation and solicitation calls to foundation contacts and prospects.
4. Write proposals; coordinate creation of documents required by foundations in compliance with foundation interests and guidelines.
5. Coordinates with President and Program Directors to create base proposals, budgets and financial information required by funders.
6. Tracks reporting requirements and fulfills them in a timely manner.
7. Insure appropriate recognition of foundation gifts.
8. Create grants process with senior staff to determine annual program funding priorities, prospects, base proposals and program staff follow up.
9. Coordinate with President and Program Directors to create budgets and financial information required by funders.
10. Remain informed about organization-wide programs and initiatives.
Required Skills and Attributes:
• Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus.
• A minimum of 2-5 years of development/fundraising experience, with a proven track record of obtaining major ($50K+) grants.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to balance competing priorities
• Outstanding interpersonal, public relations, and communication skills.
• Experience in other areas of development (annual campaigns corporations, individuals) a plus.
• Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices, particularly as they relate to identification, cultivation, and stewardship of foundation prospects.
• Skilled in turning concepts into donor-driven strategies.
• Experience and knowledge with SalesForce a plus.
• Capacity to be flexible and creative in the face of challenges.
• Demonstrated track record achieving attainment goals.
• Spanish proficiency strongly preferred.
Supervisor of: None.
Report to: Executive Director of North America
1. Organize an effective grant management strategy for NCI to cultivate new foundation partners and increase existing foundation partnerships’ support.
2. Maintain current foundation grants of core support and increase their giving capacity for expansion program when feasible.
3. Secure new grant funding through current and new foundation partners.
4. Increase Grant Management effectives and best practices for the organization.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.