Nature and Culture International (NCI) is protecting endangered ecosystems in Latin America alongside local communities and governments. With 13.8 million acres impacted to date, our goal is to protect 20 million acres by 2020.
NCI seeks a summer intern to help work on our Ambassador program, and assist in our marketing and communications efforts. They may also handle a variety of duties which will insure the smooth functioning of the office and provide assistance to fundraising, communications, program and executive staff as needed.
This position will report to the North American headquarters based in San Diego (Del Mar), CA.
Description of Duties
Daily duties include:
- Engage NCI student Ambassadors and assist in spreading the program to collegecampuses
- Assist with marketing and communications campaigns
- Answering phones and greeting guests
- Helping staff prepare for meetings, presentations, and events
- Performing prospect research
- Support program, development, and finance staff as needed
- Other various duties as requested
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Must have a deep passion for the environment
- Must be enrolled in University
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent communication abilities
- Willingness to learn
- Spanish proficiency strongly preferred.
Report to: Director of U.S. Operations
Time commitment: 15 – 20 hours per week
Pay: $10.50 per hour
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.