Since 1997, Nature and Culture International has ensured the protection of more than 8.7 million acres of endangered ecosystems in Latin America. We’re proud to report that 90% of our budget is spent on programs protecting threatened ecosystems and supporting the conservation efforts of local communities.
Our accomplishments include:
- Protecting 5.5 million acres of Amazonian rainforest in Peru
- Spurring the creation of two 2.5 million-acre UNESCO biosphere reserves
- Helping indigenous Shuar communities protect and establish their rights over 80,000 acres of ancestral homeland
- Safeguarding the water supply for more than a million Ecuadorians
- Guiding the sustainable production of value-added goods such as perfume, artisan crafts and forest products
- Purchasing over 100 properties to establish protected private reserves in key biodiversity sites.